WHO WE ARE
The Buchanan High School Tech Club was formed to provide students that would normally not get involved with an after school activity. As a small school, far too much attention is placed on athletics and as such there were few real options for students that did not want to play. As a member of the Tech Club, students are exposed to science, match, technology and engineering as well as art, music, and theatre. Students also work with video, audio, and photography and approach each facet from a technical perspective allowing students to follow their projects from conception and design to production and use.
WHAT WE DO
In a process of learning, we will be doing the following:
- Work with robotics and the FIRST Team 5056 "MegaHurtz" to compete in the FIRST Robotics Challenge.
- Computer programming including AutoIt scripting language, C++ and LabView IDEs.
- Exploring new and emerging technologies
- Function as a video/audio production team
- Produce video projects and documentation for other school entities and personnel
- Troubleshoot and diagnosing common home computer hardware and software problems
- Use labs, activities, and live scenarios to go beyond what is available in the courses offered
- Expose students to committee structure and group decision
- Act as a group of student technicians where members will bring in their home systems for upgrades, LAN projects, network testing, and system assembly thereby reinforcing the hands-on activities provided in the curriculum.